- Twitter users in general are 68 percent more likely to visit a campaign donation page than the rest of Web surfers.
- Twitter users exposed to political Tweets are 97 percent more likely than other Twitter users to visit donation pages.
- Twitter users exposed to political Tweets are more likely to visit donation pages than generic political sites.
- More exposure to political Tweets increases the likelihood Twitter users will visit donation pages.
- Note: The survey doesn’t seem to track whether people actually took out their credit cards. But it implies that increased visits equals increased odds of that happening.
Twitter Says Its Ads Make Money for Politicians
Can you sway someone’s vote with 140 characters? Hard to tell. But you can get them to cough up some money for your campaign. That’s the thrust of a new study from Twitter and Web traffic tracker Compete out this afternoon. It says its numbers prove that Tweets can lead directly to political donations. The relevant data:
Filed Under: Social Media